Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cambodia - Part 9

How about those goodbyes?

Sigh.

They make me so sad. I haven't felt this overwhelmed in a while. I just... I know that there's nothing I can do to make time go back or slow down anymore, and the reality is that tomorrow morning I leave Sihannoukville. I said goodbye to Kong's family tonight. I cried a bit in front of them, but held out until on the motto to really get going. I'm surprised Brianna kept her balance with weepy Mcgee (...me) on the back. Saying goodbye to Kong was super hard. Tomorrow I'll be a mess.

Kong took us to the beach today, and we watched the sunset all together. Look at us, holding up that sun... cheesy as this is, if it were up to me, I would have held it up a lot longer because the days here have gone by way too fast.


I wont' lie, I know for a fact that I'm going to be really depressed in Hong Kong all alone, and when I get home for a while. I will be so happy to see everyone, dont' get me wrong, but I just can't express how divided my heart now feels...


We're both exhausted and off to bed. Tomorrow we're off to Siem Riep and Ankor Wat, then Wednesday we're Vietnam bound.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

i love the pictures you've been posting--i can't wait to see them all and hear the stories behind them. (that baby is sooooo cute!)

i'm sorry you're feeling so sad about leaving. hopefully you can keep in touch with some of the people you've met..and maybe go back one day (in a summer perhaps..when your sister is not teaching...?)

Anyways, have a fun time traveling with Brianna and soak in every moment. Love ya!