Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Cambodia - Part 5.

Well well well.

I'm not going to lie, I am so in love with everything around me right now. I'm in Sihanoukville, where I've been since I arrived. On Saturday morning the plan is to leave here adn travel for a week and then I fly home. The thought of saying goodbye Saturday is horrific to me. I want to stay longer. I neeeed to travel around the country for sure, but I can't imagine just leaving after that and not coming back here. I'm seriously thinking about changing my return flight for a few days or a week later than planned, but I'm not sure. Thoughts?

I learned to drive a motto today. ROCK ON. I'll post a viedeo on my facebook eventually, so check it out. It was awesome.

Things here are great. Brianna and I cooked pancakes for our brothers here and they definitely all pretended to like them but really... didn't. Maybe one of them did, but I can't tell. Oh well, now they kind of know how we feel every day... Aha. Although, i dont' mind rice as much as Brianna does.

Funny story: Our friend Kong went to the market to buy us some fruit, because if we went the prices would be muuuuch higher due to our white skin. We asked for 8 bananas, 6 mangoes, and 1kg of rambutam. Well, when we communicated 8 bananas, he misinterpretted it for 8 bunches of bananas... So we ended up with like 80 bananas on hand, when we only wanted 8... we laughed all the way home, while I tried to balance 80 bananas and other fruits on my lap on the back of the motto. Awesome.

Hope all is well with everyone. Later!
(ps. more pictures on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=116936&l=7d9c2&id=544335600

and

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=118037&l=a4496&id=544335600)

2 comments:

Gaƫtan said...

Did you feel any of that earthquake yesterday that happened in China? I heard that places as far as Vietnam could feel it.

Jessica said...

wow 80 bananas, my dreams come true. i'm glad you're having such a great time out there--it seems as though time is flying for you. can't wait to see the motto video. as far as staying later than planned...i guess money would be the best decider. love you!