Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cambodia - Part 6.

There are beautiful moments all around us. We just need to remember not to think too hard about the future, or else we miss these moments in the present.


Cambodia has been beautiful moment after beautiful moment. God has been so faithful to me each and every day, keeping me safe and answering prayers. He has shown me more about love and loving everyone around me.

The orphanage is such a wonderful place to spend part of our afternoons. There are three children in particular that I want to just take home, the one on my lap in this picture (and you can clearly see why), as well as two brothers. They are just lovely and I hope they find wonderful loving homes, and know how loved they are right now in the present. What little blessings.



MOUSE STORY.


You see, I am not afraid of mice. But that does not equate to I like it when gross dirty mice touch me. Brianna warned me that there were mice in the kitchen, and my response was "that's fine, as long as they do not touch my feet".


Well, yesterday we were cooking pancakes for our brothers here at the school, and I was standing in front of the stove when lo and behold... a mouse ran across my FOOT. I shouted quite loudly, in fact I'm sure that it qualified for scream, and then proceeded to get a chair and continue with my cooking pansy style. One of my brothers definitely got a kick out of this one.





Check out the video on Facebook of me driving. Seriously do it, I dare you.





Sorry this is long, but I feel so pumped on this week that I can't help but keep going a bit longer. You see, it was the king's birthday on tuesday, so that means three days of holidays here (yes, we are on a holiday in Cambodia...). Therefore, Brianna and I packed up the Lee family (the family of her good friend Kong with delightful and adorible siblings) and went to swim in the ocean!!!! It rained for the most part, but it was so warm in the ocean and we were so wet it didn't matter! We swam in our clohtes, because that's just how you do it here. A tad more modest than north america would you say?

I lost my glasses in the ocean.



That kind of sucked. But it would have sucked more if I'd actually paid anything for them (they were the second part of a buy one get one free deal) and had not been prepared with a second pair of glasses here. Honestly, it I'd not had a second pair here this would be a rough few days. So now I guess it's official, I really have to get new glasses when I'm back.


Well, thats' all I have for now, though I'm sure there's more to say. I hope you are all well!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Every time I read something about your trip, it is so clear how much you are enjoying yourself and the people around you. (Even when there are mice on your feet and the ocean has eaten your glasses.) Keep having fun and loving others. Love you.

Kara said...

Your adventures sound amazing. I would have cooked pansy style as well if a mouse had run over my feet. I am scared of mice like you are of spiders. Crazy things!
I think about you often and hope that God continues to guide you and show you glimpses of him in the small things. That is a neat thing to be able to notice those little things.