Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Cambodia - Part 2

Greetings from the other side of the world (unless, of course, you are Brianna reading this, in which case I say greetings from right beside you).

I made it! After a lot of time on planes and in airports, I finally got here to Cambodia. I arrived in Phnom Penh yesterday and hung out there. I have not been affected to badly by jet lag, which is exciting. The flight from Vancouver to Hong Kong was 13 hours of having the man in front of me reclined as far back as possible, and four crying children surrounding me (one of which considers kicking the back of my chair a air born pass time.

For the record, my feet are enourmous from traveling. It's funny. Check it out. Ummmm actually don't yet because I'm not putting hte picture on until tomorrow when I'm not so tired.


From what I've seen so far, Cambodia is really beautiful. Phnom Penh, not so much, but outside of it is a different story.

Tomorrow morning I start teaching english. You know, I'm not sure it'll be my thing but I'll find that out tomorrow - a little nerve racking, but nothing next to a 13 hour flight.

Anyways, I'm off to bed. Hope you're all well.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow--you're there! Happy to hear you are safe. Sounds like the flight could have been a little more pleasant, but glad to hear you're doing well. Have fun teaching!

Dana said...

I miss you! Hope you're having fun and good luck teaching english!

Kathy said...

Glad you arrived safely! I hope teaching English goes well--I happen to know that a) you speak English, and b) you're a very good teacher, so I'm very hopeful for you. ;-)

Raymond Friesen said...

Good to hear your there safe. That's so exciting! Wow, not looking forward to that 13 hour Hong Kong flight. Good luck with teaching english!