Monday, March 10, 2008

Twenty two.

Stories that explain who I am a bit.

Part 4
I just returned from a jr high youth retreat.  We went to Pembina Valley Bible camp, and saturday we went to Holiday Mountain for some snowboard./skiing action.

I met God on the hill.

I wasn't having the best of days.  I was tired, I had been awake more than I had been asleep the night before, I was unable to find people to partner with long term, we always seemed to get to uneven numbers and I would volunteer to be alone.  I was frustrated with my inability to pick 
up where I left off, and I was feeling saddened by the memories that I have associated with snowboarding.

So.  On my last run, I went solo up the hill, which was nice.  I moved to the hill that I wanted to board on, and lo and behold - no one else was there.  Like.. deserted.  So I start going down, and as I do, I felt a gust of wind on my face.

Wind is something I associate easily with God most of the time.  So I smiled up at the ski and said "Hello".  And as I descended the wind stayed with me and so did my smile.  I prayed to the God whose grace astounds me, and whose strength was given to me.

I met God on the hill.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

i love meeting god in nature...and smiling solo because of it. i'm glad you do too!

and to respond to the previous post--ha! that's awesome.

Dana said...

I love that story. It makes me smile and sends chills up and down my spine.

Dana said...

In response to your comment on my blog. I also had a ton 'o fun last night. I genuinely enjoyed playing real life 007 with you. Can you imagine how much of a gong show we would be at paintball? I finally just had to stop though because I kept shrieking and I was annoying myself. I hate girls who shriek...