Friday, March 21, 2008

Twenty seven.

It's Good Friday today.
In the service I attended at my parent's church this morning, there was much to think about.
  1. I was comforted by the fact that I have not become emotionless to this Easter weekend, and to the meaning it has for me.  The tears I shed this morning and the overwhelming feelings that were present were accompanied by a refreshing understanding of the sacrifice that has guided my life's purpose.
  2. I was reminded of the kind of fear I currently have of going to my own church.  The brief moments that I was there this morning dropping off something instilled in me an unrest that continues to sit in me.  We'll tackle that later.
  3. Humility.  I am being called to greater humility, from the inside out.  I have very selfish thoughts and actions.  In particular, I've come to realize that I am becoming very selfish in conversations with others.  This bothers me.
  4. In particular, it was the 9th station that struck me the most.  It used Isaiah 53:7-9 (you can look it up if you so desire) and the guided prayer (not something I'm usually a fan of, but liked in this case) read:
"Lord Jesus Christ, you who humbled yourself on earth for our sake and are now seated at the right hand of the Father - may we be so moved by your compassion for us that we might not only believe in you, but that we might emulate your humility and participate in your suffering; who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit forever.  Amen."

0 comments: