Monday, November 2, 2009

anthems sweet.

pms is seriously the worst.

i cannot think of any other time when i am completely, inexplicably selfish and grumpy. it's terrible. i mean, having dealt with depression on and off for so many years, you'd think i'd get used to mood swings and how to deal with them. but pms is a different league all together. it is its own kind of awful.

inexplicable is one of the best descriptions of it too. there is no rhyme or reason. or if there is either of these things, it gets so blown out of proportion. the end of all things wonderful happens when someone says something in a tone i interpret as less than ecstatic. or when andrew doesn't read my mind (i honestly do my best to keep from that really twisted way of operating as a female, but pms is a nasty thing, really).

i'm not saying i can blame it all on pms. i mean, i still have the ability to rationalize, but sometimes strong emotions that hit fast and hard aren't easy to calm quickly with logic. i can get borderline barbaric. like, i get so frustrated that i just shake a little and make grunting sounds, as if those things will help me articulate myself better, or realize that not having folded my rosette perfectly is OKAY.

in closing, the best quote to sum things up, taken from my friend dana's facebook page:
"My biggest fear is that there is no PMS and that this is my real personality"

Funny.
True.

3 comments:

Trains and Sewing Machines said...

Totally know what you mean dearie, unexplainable garbage of an attitude is not cool....but pretty much can't be stopped. Dang girly business

Dana said...

Holla. By which I mean, I hear you.

I, too, love that quote. Hence why it's on my facebook page.

For the record, the word that blogger is making me verify is "diestch." It's like it knows I'm German or something.

c. said...

Oh man, I can so relate to this too.