Thursday, January 15, 2009

silver road.

this week has been a good week.

nothing outstanding has happened, good or bad, which i count as something outstanding and good. things i have loved about this week:

- dark purple nails. i bought new nail polish. it's dark dark purple. it gets mistaken for black, but i know it's not. i like it. it makes me feel good.
- ever since my dad started running half marathons and marathons, i've felt like it was something i would want to do one day. so i'm going to run the fathers day half marathon - with my dad. he's going to have to slow down for me, but it'll be neat. i'm scared i'll give up while training. but i told him i'd do it. and i'd probably feel as if i ruined fathers day if i didn't. how's that for motivation. now my name will be on the poster too.
- i got to see andrew more than i expected to this week. we have reading dates sometimes. he'll sit on his end of the couch, and i'll hog the rest of it with my head on his lap and we'll just read. it's nice. he's nice. i like him so much, some days i think i'm going to pop.
- i get to see dana tonight and we are making tea and i'm going to go bake something soon and we will just talk. we're good at that. but it's been too long. we got busy when she got a job, and then i worked for the summer, and we just didn't see each other very much. i have been reminded lately why she is one of my bests, and i'm excited to have a night with her.
- i started to apply for EA jobs. i think i will like it very much if i get one.
- i like tea and music and all-day email friends when i'm stuck inside.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow--a half marathon! I have had the 'almost' desire to do it after seeing it done, but I really, really don't enjoy running. Good luck with the training!! That will be a special thing to share.
I'm glad you've had a pleasant week! Love you.

Kara said...

Way to go on the running. That's definitely going to be a neat memory for both you and your dad.

I also am appreciating the tea drinking and cozy blankets on the couch with emails on these cold days. There's something so comforting about it.

Cindy Titus said...

yeah! running is the best! good luck!