Monday, June 21, 2010

on the list of things that only i would manage to do...

so my phone battery has decided to suck a lot, and lately has been running low or dying by the end of one day of use. i have heard that it is good to have your phone die completely and then get recharged, for maximum battery use.


the other night, my battery was beeping a notification that it was low. so i decided that i should try to kill it completely in an attempt to make it last longer the next day. talking on my phone tends to take a lot of juice, so i called my voicemail and was randomly going back and forth between the main menu, and the extended menu options, just to kill time.

well, i got bored of just listening to the menu options over and over as my phone refused to die. so in a stroke of PURE GENIUS, i button mashed. once i stopped, i heard the phrase "your voicemail language preference is now set to mandarin".

"shoot", i thought to myself, "this is not good."

so i proceeded to go back through the language options to see if i heard correctly. it assured me that my langage was set to english (little did i know that meant "presently" and did not include "after i hung up the phone from this voicemail options session").

then i hung up. then i decided just to check.

my voicemail is now set to mandarin. i cannot check it. i cannot get it back to english. telus lady could not get it back to english.

true story. i cannot make this stuff up.

3 comments:

Trains and Sewing Machines said...

Moral of the story: Learn some Mandarin STAT! hehe.

Dana said...

This could only happen to you, my friend.

Kara said...

I have to admit, that I did laugh out loud - sorry. But, on a serious note, how frustrating. I hope you are able to pick up a little mandarin in the meantime to get your settings back to english.