Thursday, October 1, 2009

stay up all night.

i have this overwhelming desire to post. but i couldn't think of something to write. now i have.

so enneagrams. they're numbered personality types. i can't say that i think they define people, but i think enough thought and research has been put into them to pretty accurately sum up a lot of people into the categories. i've been a "4" across the board. i laugh when i read the descriptions, because they're really true. i'm an "individualist".

Summary: " Want to express themselves and their individuality, to create and surround themselves with beauty, to maintain certain moods and feelings, to withdraw to protect their self-image, to take care of emotional needs before attending to anything else, to attract a "rescuer."

the more i get into reading them, the more i giggle. part of this personality type is that 4's have a hard time when they fit in too much, and like to be seen as something different. what makes me laugh about that, is that as i read about my personality type, i started getting annoyed that they could sum me up in a group with a bunch of other people (aka everyone else who is a 4). that thought right there kind of allowed me to realize that i was in the right category.

i think it was good to read about though. i personally do not read these to find my identity, or so that i can read a definition of myself. but i do read it to gain a bit of insight into what makes people in general tick, especially those who are not the same as me. i also think that it's helped me to see myself from a bit of an outside view, which in turn helps me to be more aware of what i do and why. which isn't bad.

anyways. that's all i have. cheers.

1 comments:

Kara said...

Interesting. I am a 2.