Wednesday, August 4, 2010

your ghost.

things i have been doing lately...

listening to the following albums:
- high violet - the national
- versicolour - aidan knight
- in a quiet world - we are the city
- islands disappear - said the whale


i saw the last three in concert last weekend. correction, i saw the first two of the last three in concert last weekend, because i had to get driven home to go to bed by the time said the whale came on. i was in a wedding the day before and was just pooped. poooooped. BUT seeing aidan knight was my favorite part. he wrote a song about knitting and i loved it. he dedicated it to me. aka to the knitters in the audience. he also had a beautiful voice and i'm happy he played.

i will be posting pictures from the wedding once i'm done editing them. the photographer wasn't there during the girls getting ready time, so i took it upon myself to take some photos and push myself to be better at a specific type of photography. so we'll see how that goes.

recently i began reading a new series. it's sci fi and nerdy and SO GOOD. i read "ender's game" by orson scott card (yes heidi, my equally nerdy significant other lent them to me too!), and am now reading the sequel (or one of the sequels) "speaker for the dead". i love books that i can launch myself into, that make me want to do nothing else.

over the course of this summer i have had my own wedding, and soon after my friend's wedding which i was in. as a result, relaxing and recreational time was not very much partaken of. that changed this weekend. i was able to swim in a pool (magnifique!) and go to the beach all in one weekend. i couldn't have been happier.

i love summer. i love being married. i love reading. i love good friends.

2 comments:

Trains and Sewing Machines said...

AWESOME! I loved Ender's Game. (I forgot, did I tell you about Ender's Shadow, same story told from Bean's perspective? I'm reading it right now and it is really interesting in comparison.) Also, you wrote that you are not reading the sequel...did you mean you are "now" reading the sequel? If so, how is it? I was told they weren't that good BUT I'm up for another opinion :)

Janessa said...

Haha. I am NOW reading the sequel. It's SO GOOD. I really love it. Please read "Speaker for the Dead". You will like it. I'm almost done. I'm devouring these books and I am loving it.