Monday, August 23, 2010

hail to the pillow thief.

this is a post about how being married to andrew is wonderful and hilarious.

a few nights ago, i woke up in the middle of the night, because andrew was on my side of the bed. now, that's not particularly upsetting to me, especially when i'm super sleepy.

one thing you should know about me is that my super sleepy self is an odd combo of: really out of it and therefore rather unintelligent, doesn't see unintelligence as a barrier and likes to use big words to articulate rather simple thoughts that seem complicated when having just been awakened. but i digress.

so then what happens, is that andrew slips his arm slowly under my pillow. i thus conclude that he's wanting middle of the night cuddles.

"how nice" i think to myself.

except it dawns on me that the other arm isn't necessarily wrapped around me as is usually expected. so i turn over to investigate.

BAM. insert andrew's face super close to me here.

confused, i look around and three things are realized:
1. somehow andrew's pillow is sitting on top of the covers, right around where my butt is.
2. because andrew's pillow is where it is, his close proximity is due to the fact that he is, in fact, now trying to steal MY pillow.
3. he's absolutely unconscious.

so i proceed to pick up his pillow, and somewhat roughly put it where it should be. the somewhat roughness was intentional, hoping he'd wake up a little and realize how much of my turf he's on and go back to his own darn pillow. i don't know if it happened all that quickly, because i promptly fell asleep but when i woke next, he had moved.

since then i've thought about his sub conscious pillow stealing and i giggle every time. sneaky andrew...

1 comments:

Trains and Sewing Machines said...

BAHAHAHHAA oh that is great! I laughed a lot when I read this :) Middle of the night stories are the best!