Sunday, June 8, 2008

Thirty nine.

First, some of the nice things about being home. Well, aside from the novelties of hot showers and soft beds, I'm definitely enjoying some quality friend time. I'm really blessed in that department, that's for sure. This picture is from a mashmallow catching game Luke created. Good times...

I've also been able to talk with Brianna TWICE on the phone, which rules. It took a while to figure out how to call a Cambodian cell phone, but in the end I won.

I'm working, which means I'll be able to pay off my bills and start
saving for school again. Delightful. I actually think I'll be graduating from my first degree debt free. That's something I'm pretty proud of, I won't lie.

I'm pretty happy for the most part. I really feel like Cambodia was one of those rare moments we have in life when we realize we were in the right place at exactly the right time. But coming home from that is a bit hard. While I don't feel like I'm in the wrong place, I don't feel that same certainty and it's unnerving.

I'm also gaining weight quickly. While it's not the end of the world, it's frustrating me. I can see it and I need to do something (healthy, just for the record) about it.

Complain complain complain. Game plan: get over self, do something about it by exercising and eating well balanced meals, and continue to get over self. Complaining section over, sorry.

God is good.
I thought about all the amazing things He's done for me in the last little while, and it's beautiful. God has brought me to a new place in life. Other than my minor issues, in general I can honestly say that I'm finding contentment in where he's placed me. And that's a delightful thing.

2 comments:

kerri said...

sounds like you've got a plan going on :) best of luck, janessa!

Jessica said...

i love the beach picture of you. and the first one looks like you are an invisible sword swallower or invisible fire blower. awesome.
for obvious sisterly reasons, i'm glad you're home.