Monday, April 28, 2008

Thirty seven.

The other day I went to CAA to get travelers cheques, and had a frustrating experience.  The girl was cold, not helpful, boarderline rude, and gave me the wrong information which made me have to go back.  I was really upset, frustrated, and angry.


Today I went to the bank to get some US cash for Cambodia.  I was given the wrong amount (a bit too much actually) by the teller, and realized this after I was out of the bank.  So I went back in and we changed things around and I was given my four dollars less and left.  They thanked me for being honest and I told them I really understood and left smiling.   To be fully honest, I kind of felt a little good about myself.

And then I realized something.  I'm not the greatest example of Christ there is out there.  

What made the one girl deserve my "grace" when the other did not?  Does my display of grace honestly depend on how kind the person is to be before they make a mistake?  Must I first be respected before I offer grace to another?  

Christ displays unconditional love and grace to us all.  We do not earn it, for we never could.  This is the simple example I have been given to follow.  And yet... not so simple.

Sigh.  I guess my head can't swell up too big this time.  
I caught myself in the act of inconsistency.

0 comments: