Wednesday, May 20, 2009

oh deer.

so, perhaps this is not my story to tell, but i think it's a safe one to share on the behalf of someone else...

my friend darcy came to my office today to pick up a book. he then told me of his very eventful bike ride home the other day.

he was biking home from work around 10:30pm. he takes a route through assinaboine park. as he is exiting the park, a deer was startled and began to run next to him (no joke). "awesome", he thought, and then proceeds to race said deer.

suddenly he realized that maybe it wasn' t a good call, and slammed on his breaks. right when he did, the deer cut to the side, directly where darcy would have been, had he not decided to stop.

maybe they're sick of being hit.
revenge of the deer. hilarious.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Funny!

Jessica said...

Close call! And completely awesome!! I have a good mental picture in my head..haha