Tuesday, January 19, 2010

wedding dreams.

the other day jill told me about her first wedding dream, and i welcomed her to the world of post-engagement wedding dreams.

so far i've had a few.

the first one was the wilted roses one. i had ugly pink roses instead of daisies, and they were pink at that - a color i would not choose to associate with very often. i just don't feel nice in pink. or like myself. so double whammy. triple if you include the wilting factor.

the second one was particularly disturbing because it was less frivillously upsetting and more legit upsetting. i dreamt i didn't want to get married and i was freaking out, and i wasn't marrying andrew (which my conscious self has concluded that my subconscious was onto the fact that if it wasn't andrew, it wasn't okay). that was unpleasant.

now this most recent dream was last night and it was about my friend's wedding, not mine. i dreamt i sent pictures of her in her dress to a lot of people (before her wedding), including her fiance. which is terrible and awful. in my dream i thought it was a good idea, until i sent it and realized how NOT good of an idea that was. i tried desperately to undo it but i couldn't. she cried and i cried and i knew i ruined something awesome for her.

ugh. dreams! i used to think they were random. they are not. i have had so many dreams that connected to my life at the time i was having the dreams. i remember having a really hard decision to make a few years ago and having dream after dream of me fighting things. it finally dawned on me that i was wrestling so much with this choice that my mind would put me through visuals at night of what i was putting it through during the day.

dreams are so interesting. that's all.

5 comments:

Dana said...

I dunno dude. I sure hope some dreams are random. Reference: my most recent post about my dream in which I was a war with an elephant and a monkey.

At the same time, I know that some are not. I have defintiely had some dreams that were a direct reflection of things happening in my conscious world.

But not the elephant and monkey.

Janessa said...

maybe you are battling something that is metaphorically big, and another thing that throws metaphorical poo.

sonyadeanne said...

even though you dreamed you sent out pictures of my wedding gown, i still think you're pretty cool.

Cindy Titus said...

The other night I had this dream that Mark was doing something that I felt to be wrong and in my dream I screamed 'how could you do that?' but I actually screamed it at the absolute top of my lungs in real life and woke both of us plus likely my neighbors up. It was so weird and unsettling.

Janessa said...

I've done that too! Except I tend to wake up AFTER I've yelled. When I was on Outtatown and sharing a room in a hostel in Vancouver with a bunch of girls, I screamed really loud before becoming conscious, so I woke up really confused as to why everyone else had also woken up from my dream. apparently they all heard me screaming but I did not. oops.